Ahlan wa sahlan! Kalos Orisate!

Welcome to Aladdin's Kitchen.

This project started as my hobby in order to combine free time with my love of creating good and healthy food. My love for the Mediterranean diet and its health benefits have pushed me to share my recipes collected from family, friends and trips around the world. In here you will find recipes from all over the Mediterranean: from Athens to Zahle!

I hope you and your guests enjoy these flavorful recipes as much as I do.

Bon appétit!
bil hana we'shifa'! بالهنا و الشفاء
Kali oreksi! καλή όρεξη!

Thursday 15 December 2011

Hommus bi tahina

Hommus bi tahina
Preparation: 5 minutes

Hummus/Hommous/Humous, is a Middle Eastern classic! Hommos is found all over the Mediterranean sea from Greece to Lebanon and is SUPER easy to make!

Ingredients:

1 can of chick peas (you can also use dried chick peas, soak them overnight and cook them prior to use)
The juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of Tahini
and (optional) if you want your Hommus spicy 1 dash of Harissa


Place the strained chick peas in the blender with all the other ingredients and blend until it is nice and smooth.


Serve on a plate with fresh parsley, olives, and pita bread.


Enjoy!


Sahtein!

No comments:

Post a Comment